December 14, 2016 - Before and After
November 3, 2016
Bond Update Photos
Elementary School Site Work
Elementary School Slate Roof
High School Lockers
High School Masonry
High School Turf Fields
New High School Flooring
September 8, 2016
Click Here to read a letter from the Superintendent
August 29, 2016
Summer 2016 Project Photos
July 28, 2016
Bond Update – “Building Toward the Future”
As part of the community-approved “Building Toward the Future” bond, the district is preparing to break ground on several capital improvement projects this summer.
Since all district schools will see necessary building, infrastructural and instructional upgrades as part of the bond, construction is expected to span the next 3 years. To help ensure it is completed in an efficient manner, the proposed work has been divided among several phases.
Phase I projects, which have been approved by the State Education Department, are expected to break ground this summer (beginning in early August) and include:
- New turf fields at the high school (beginning early August; estimated completion late December)
- Replacement of Blue Point Elementary School’s slate roof (beginning early August; estimated completion before start of school)
- “Reskinning” the exterior of the administration building to preserve building integrity (beginning mid- to late September; estimated completion mid-fall)
- Masonry repairs at the high school (beginning early August; estimated completion before start of school)
- Curbing repairs at Blue Point Elementary School (beginning early August; estimated completion before start of school)
- Replacement of high school corridor lockers (beginning early August; estimated completion early winter)
- Replacement of interior floors in the “old wing” at the high school (beginning early August; completion before start of school)
The district is in the process of submitting an application to the SED for the work planned in Phase II, which includes the refurbishment of the middle school library and home and careers classrooms, as well as the revamped middle school/Sylvan Avenue Elementary School parking lot.
Updates on all projects will be provided throughout the construction process on the district’s website under the “Bond Update” tab.